Summer is here, so now you might be thinking ahead to the fall and higher education. These days with classes moving online during the virus outbreak and so many options, it can be difficult to tell what’s legit and what’s not.
With programs such as Trump University, the school started by President Trump to share his secrets to being a real estate mogul, ending up in court and settling for $25 million in 2016, it shows that not all advanced learning is treated the same. So, how do you tell if it is not legitimate?
- Accreditation with a fake agency: this is an easy one, do your research.
- Pushy advisors: be wary of people and schools that push you to sign up.
- Promise you will have your degree in days, weeks, or just a few months!
- There are no student services.
- If the college is for-profit, take a closer look, check out reviews online.
- The website URL doesn’t end in .edu
- You can’t find a business or campus address.
- Required to pay a lot of money upfront.
Do your research and find the right program for you!